Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Star Apps: Jena Malone

Jena Malone (“Saved,” “Pride & Prejudice,” “Into the Wild,” “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”) has been acting for almost 20 years and recording music for eight. She and Lem Jay Ignacio are The Shoe, which this year released its first full-length album, “I’m OK.” You can see Jena Malone now in “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.” We talked about The Shoe, shooting nude, and balancing her music and film careers.



The other Shoe has dropped: I’m OK is out now.


The band is called The Shoe because? The Shoe is whatever instrument I want to play. In this particular rendition of The Shoe, it’s mostly vocal effects, looper, live percussion, and electronic drums. For our first record, there was a keyboard and mono synth and a few other things. But this is a more pared-down Shoe kind of vibe.


Between naming the band The Shoe and your label, There Was an Old Woman Records, I’m assuming that the “There was an old woman who lived in a shoe” rhyme must have left a major impression on you. I just liked it because there’s this innocent idea around it having been a children’s story, and I wanted to build something I could live out of and tell stories out of. You can box it up and take it on the street and unveil it and have all these things come out … [Read more]






No comments:

Post a Comment