Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto thanks Bitcoin Community

Remember Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto, the guy who was the center of discussion in the Bitcoin community just a few months ago? Dorian Nakamoto was ‘uncovered’ to be the creator of Bitcoin, a person who go under the pseudonym of ‘Satoshi Nakamoto‘.


Leah McGrath Goodman, a reporter for Newsweek, published an article entitled ‘The Face Behind Bitcoin‘, in which she claims that Dorian is the creator of Bitcoin. She received heavy criticism for her violation of Nakamoto’s privacy. In fact, she was even greeted by police. Dorian was clearly distressed by the article and what followed.


Bitcoin entrepreneur Andreas M. Antonopoulos started a fundraising campaign for Dorian. Putting it in Antonopoulos’s words, the funds


…will serve as a “sorry for what happened to you”, help with medical bills his family is facing, any legal bills they may incur, or anything else. Most of all, it serves to soften the damage caused by irresponsible journalism and to demonstrate the generosity and empathy of the community, which I know is huge.


CCN

Over 48 bitcoins, or more than US$23,000, have been raised for Dorian to date. The bitcoin community has generally been extremely supportive of Dorian.


Today, Dorian appeared in a YouTube video with Antonopoulos:


Dorian said, “I want to hug you, this 2,000 of you, who donated. And I’m very happy, each one gives me a tick in my heart. Thank you very much.” Dorian went on to say that he’ll join the bitcoin community and will contribute for “the good of humankind.”


As you’ll see in the video, Dorian is clearly ecstatic about the community’s kindness.


Here is the full transcript of the video:


Andreas: All right, recording.


Dorian: Okay.


Andreas: Now we can do as many [takes] as you want I’ll edit it out.


Dorian: Good afternoon, Bitcoin community. Thank you very much for your support throughout this ordeal that I’m still fighting. And umm, I would like you to umm see this, this magazine [holds up Newsweek article], which came out uh in April. It will be a — no, actually, March 14 issue, this year. [reading magazine cover] ‘The Bitcoin Face. The mystery man behind the crypto-currency.’ And I’m not Satoshi Nakamoto, as portrayed as the creator [of bitcoin]. My name is Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto. And of course if I was the real creator I would never use my real name. So from that point of view I’m sure you guys would know that Satoshi Nakamoto is not me. But uh, Leah thinks so. And Newsweek said so. But it’s not true. Ok, I uh received a bitcoin account from Andreas, and I’m very thankful for you, all these people, in US, Europe, and Asia, and Africa, and South America who supported me throughout. Thank you very much. I want to hug you, this 2,000 of you, who donated. And I’m very happy. Each one gives me a tick in my heart. Thank you very much. And, I would like to further state that I’ll be one of the bitcoin user. Bitcoin community person, who would contribute even if it’s a little part of this world for good of humankind, as Andreas and many other of you are in over to make the world a little bit better for everybody, especially for poor people. Thank you. And I’ll keep my bitcoin account for many many years, and hopefully I can also contribute as you did to me. Thank you.


[Dorian and Andreas look at each other]


Andreas: Alright


Dorian: Hey


[both shake hands]


Andreas: That was amazing. That was so well done. Thank you so much. Just, I’ll stop that.”



source: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/dorian-nakamoto-thanks-bitcoin-community/2014/04/23


Guugll Search


http://www.guugll.eu/dorian-satoshi-nakamoto-thanks-bitcoin-community/

No comments:

Post a Comment